Thursday, January 27, 2011

I prayed to Gaga and the God of Glamour Armani answered my prayers

Eyes closed, hands clenched together, I knelt down and prayed to the only God I know or believe in, Gaga, to bring some other-worldly forms to Haute Couture Spring 2011:

"Please Gaga, if you're listening, bestow upon us with your great influence and wonder, a collection from one of your fellow creatives, one of your favourite designers (R.I.P. McQueen, God of Armour) that fulfills our desire and need for something greater than Earth. Let us see a collection that embodies our visions of a future world - a world where we can all dress in elongated forms of mirror-finished organza, cut on the body to perfection, hats by Treacy, God of Millinery, shoes metallic to match, model's skin glistening as we view it all. We need this. We crave it. Please, Gaga, if you can hear me - give us Glamour!"

And my (our) prayers were answered. Many will protest, some will turn away, but we here at Wear + Tear can only hope that this visionary collection is just a taste of things to come. We will embrace this silhouette, look, texture, ideal to the best of our ability.

I am not a religious person, but this collection is proof that if you pray to Gaga, magic happens.


Love,

Wear + Tear.


(click on the image and zoom in for a closer link - also see style.com for original images of this show and the rest of Couture Spring 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment